Terms and Conditions of Quote
- Our professional fees include qualified lawyer managing your file, unlimited extensions to conditions and administrative costs such as legal stationary, phone calls, facsimile, postage, photocopying and scanning.
- Our online quote is based on a ‘standard conveyance’ – if Map Lawyers are required to perform any work outside the scope of a standard conveyance, then additional fees may be charged at our hourly rate of $249 per hour plus GST, which is charged in 6 minute units.
- A standard conveyance does not include off the plan purchases (or contracts which are not in the REIQ or ADL Forms format of contract), multi title, leasehold or timeshare properties. It also does not include providing pre-signing contract advice, contract review, drafting of special conditions or contracts.
- A standard conveyance does not include dealing with protracted negotiations over contract terms, resolving disputes over property defects and renegotiating the purchase price under the contract, buyer’s early occupation under licence, problems with implied warranties and terms, problems with tenants, problems with commission disputes with agents, mortgage advice, buyer’s default, issuing or receiving a notice to complete, dealing with work notices from council, problems with building certificates, disputes about payout figures, disputes about inclusions and exclusions, disputes about vacant possession and disputes about title defects and litigation.
- A standard conveyance is based upon a 30 day settlement period. If settlement is to be brought forward, Map Lawyers reserves the right to charge an early settlement fee.
- All standard searches are charged to the client at cost – we do not charge any surcharge or mark up.
- Our ‘standard searches’ for the purchase of land or house include current title search, check title search, registered plan, land tax certificate, rates balance check and special water meter reading. There are a number of other recommended searches available – these will be offered during the conveyancing process.
- Our ‘standard searches’ for the purchase of a townhouse/unit include current title search, check title search, registered plan, land tax certificate, rates balance check, special water meter reading, body corporate information certificate, body corporate insurance certificate, CTS and CMS. There are a number of other recommended searches available – these will be offered during the conveyancing process.