Time is running out to secure the Queensland First Home Owner’s Grant
Your eligibility to secure your Queensland First Home Owners Grant, you must meet and adhere to several criteria. To be eligible for the Queensland Government’s $20,000 grant you must:
- be at least 18 years of age
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident (or applying with someone who is)
- not have previously owned property in Australia that you lived in
- be buying or building a brand-new home valued less than $750,000 (including the value of the land); and
- your contracted build or buy date must be dated from 1 July 2016 to 30 June 2018.
Information about any possible changes to the grant after 30 June 2018 will be available after the next Queensland state budget is released in mid-June 2018.
Updates as of May 2021.
Eligibility for the grant may also include:
- Established homes that have undergone substantial renovations before you bought the house.
- Homes that have been from one site to another, as long as the home has not been occupied since being fixed to the new site (including kit homes, manufactured homes).
For more information, visit the Queensland Government Queensland First Home Owners Grant webpage to read more about your eligibility criteria and how to apply.
Alternatively, you can secure your Queensland First Home Owners Grant easily with the help of MAP Lawyers’ property lawyers. Get in touch with us today by calling 1300 680 584, emailing us at email@example.com, or, by sending us a message.