Time is running out to secure the Queensland First Home Owner’s Grant
To be eligible for the Queensland First Home Owners Grant of $20,000 you must:
- be at least 18 years of age
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident (or applying with someone who is)
- not have previously owned property in Australia that you lived in
- be buying or building a brand-new home valued less than $750,000 (including the value of the land); and
- your contract must be dated from 1 July 2016 to 30 June 2018.
Information about any possible changes to the grant after 30 June 2018 will be available after the next state budget is released in mid-June 2018.